Matcha cheesecake is light, nutritious and creamy. This delicious recipe is made from only a few ingredients and is gluten free, vegan & refined sugar free. It can also be kept in the freezer for up to 12 weeks – simply leave to chill in the room temperature for 10 or 15 minutes before serving.
Prep time: 20min | Serves: 20 portions
For the crust
2cups pitted dates
1cup raw walnuts
For the cheesecake
2 1/2 cups raw cashews
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- Cover cashew nuts in boiling hot water and soak for an hour (alternatively, you can soak them over night).
- Process walnuts and dates in the food processor until a sticky mixture is formed.
- To form the cheesecake use medium square baking tray, lightly grease it with the coconut cooking spray and press the date mixture onto the tray forming a crust and base for the cheesecake. Move to the fridge to set.
- Now add cashews, matcha, coconut cream, coconut oil, lime juice and agave into the food processor and mix well until smooth and thick consistency.
- Take the tray and pour the cashew mixture over the base. Smooth the top and sprinkle with matcha or crushed nuts.
- Leave for at least 4-5 hrs in the freezer to set. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- For my topping I used beetroot nut sprinkle which adds additional sweet flavour; you can buy this here http://www.planetorganic.com/primroses-kitchen-beetroot-sprinkle-200g/25424/n