Moroccan inspired, cauliflower and chickpea soup. Fantastic dinner option for the long and cold evenings.
The mix of spices and roasted chickpeas make this dish delicious and full of flavours.
My cauliflower and chickpea soup can be cooked in a bigger batch and stored in the fridge for later. I love keeping a portion for next day lunch which saves me from cooking another dish.
Prep time: 10min | Cooking time: 30min | Serves: 2 [printfree]
1 can organic cheackpeas
1 medium cauliflower
1 medium carrot
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
4 cups vegetable stock
2tbsp raw cashews
1tbsp garam masala
1tsp cayenne pepper
cooking oil spray
- To roast the chickpeas and cauliflower for your garnish, preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Use medium baking tray, throw a handful of chickpeas and a few cauliflower florets then spray some cooking oil and sprinkle small amount of cayenne on top. Roast for approx. 20 – 30 minutes. A couple of minutes before removing the tray, add the cashews to roast, then leave aside to cool.
- For your soup use a large pan, add 4 cups of the vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Chop the garlic, onion and carrot, slice cauliflower and add to the boiling stock. Bring back to boil and lower the heat, add the remaining spices then cook for another 20 minutes until all vegetables soften. Using food blender mix all ingredients well.
- Serve in the bowl, garnished with roasted chickpeas, cauliflower and cashews.